Posts Tagged with “facts”
Comments Off on Interesting Facts About Las Vegas
Here are some interesting facts about Las Vegas that are team has provided for your viewing pleasure.
Las Vegas Interesting Facts
- The Stratosphere Hotel and Tower is the the fifth tallest building in the United States. It is over 1100 feet tall.
- Las Vegas weddings are the second largest industry in Nevada. A marriage license is Nevada is $60 and there is no blood test or waiting period. (Las Vegas divorces and annulments average $450)
- An average Las Vegas tourist stays 3.6 nights.
- A 1910 law made it illegal to gamble in Las Vegas. The Nevada Legislature later approved a legalized gambling bill in 1931.
- The famous “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign was created in 1959
- MYSTÈRE by CIRQUE DU SOLEIL has been in Las Vegas since 1993 and has performed over 8000 times.
- CIRQUE DU SOLEIL’S “O” pool contains over 1.5 million gallons of water.
- The Golden Nugget Casino has an ATM that dispenses real gold!
- An acre of land of the Las Vegas strip goes for an average of 11 million dollars.
- There are almost 200,000 slot machines in Las Vegas.
- There are an average of 2000 taxi cabs on the street at any time in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas was voted American’s #1 favorite domestic city to visit in 2010.
- You can save the most money on your hotel room by using Las Vegas Promo Codes when booking in advance