Comments Off on Interesting Facts About Las Vegas
Here are some interesting facts about Las Vegas that are team has provided for your viewing pleasure.
Las Vegas Interesting Facts
- The Stratosphere Hotel and Tower is the the fifth tallest building in the United States. It is over 1100 feet tall.
- Las Vegas weddings are the second largest industry in Nevada. A marriage license is Nevada is $60 and there is no blood test or waiting period. (Las Vegas divorces and annulments average $450)
- An average Las Vegas tourist stays 3.6 nights.
- A 1910 law made it illegal to gamble in Las Vegas. The Nevada Legislature later approved a legalized gambling bill in 1931.
- The famous “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign was created in 1959
- MYSTÈRE by CIRQUE DU SOLEIL has been in Las Vegas since 1993 and has performed over 8000 times.
- CIRQUE DU SOLEIL’S “O” pool contains over 1.5 million gallons of water.
- The Golden Nugget Casino has an ATM that dispenses real gold!
- An acre of land of the Las Vegas strip goes for an average of 11 million dollars.
- There are almost 200,000 slot machines in Las Vegas.
- There are an average of 2000 taxi cabs on the street at any time in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas was voted American’s #1 favorite domestic city to visit in 2010.
- You can save the most money on your hotel room by using Las Vegas Promo Codes when booking in advance