The “Fire Bet” in Las Vegas Craps, a hidden gem of gambling. Call me a sucker, but I always play the fire bet when rolling dice at Las Vegas casinos. A chance to win 1000 to 1, makes this an exciting bet when you have a “hot” dice roller. Call me what you want, but here is where I rolled all 6 numbers earlier this year at RIO Las Vegas and won $5000 on a $5 bet on the fire bet! This particular fire bet rolled payed out $17,000 to individuals across playing the fire bet.
Here is how the ” fire bet “works:
- Whenever it is time for the next person to roll, place between $1 and $10 on the “Fire Bet” spot in front of you at the craps table. Note: The maximum bet allowed for the Fire Bet is $10.
- The shooter must make at least four (4) individual points for you to win. There are six points on a table, the 4,5,6,8.9 and 10. A point is when the shooter rolls any number between 4 and 10 (except 7) and then rolls that number again before crapping out (rolling a 7).
- There is no impact on the “come out” roll for the fire bet if the shooter rolls a 7,2,,3 or 12.
- In order for the points to count, the shooter must roll at least four individual points. For example, if the shooter rolls an 8 it counts as one point. If the shooter rolls an 8 again and makes the “8 point” a second time, it only counts as one point. But if the shooter then rolls a 6 and makes the “6 point”, it counts as a second point made towards the fire bet.
- If the shooter hits four individual points (for example hits the 4,5,6, and 8), you will win 25:1 on your fire bet ($10 bet makes you $250). If the shooter hits five individual points (For example 4,5,6,8,9) you win 250:1 on your fire bet ($10 makes you $2500). And if the shooter makes all six points you win 1000:1 ($10 makes you $10,000 on your fire bet).
The house advantage for this bet ranges from 21-25%, so most people consider this a sucker bet. But I have won 250:1 on several trips to Las Vegas when playing the fire bet on craps and rolled all 6 numbers myself. On a side note, it is always nice to put $1 on the fire debt for your craps dealers. It gets them excited and keeps the game moving because they have a vested interest in winning the fire bet when they have a bet on the line also.
Las Vegas Casinos Who Have The Craps “Fire Bet”
- Harrah’s Las Vegas
- The Quad Las Vegas
- Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- Paris Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas
- RIO All Suites Las Vegas
- Bally’s Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- O’sheas Las Vegas
Good luck and have fun!
Leave a comment and let us know about your Fire Bet success.